Rev. Dr. Julius C. Clay
Pastor of Williams Institutional Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church
New York City, New YorkEDUCATION
- Bachelor of Science
Lane College, Jackson, Tennessee
- Master of Educational Administration
University of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri
- Master of Divinity
Eden Theological Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri
- Doctor of Ministry
United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio
CME CHURCH SERVICE
(A Leader with a Servant’s Heart)
- Leader in building of a church edifice and family life center with no mortgage/no cost to the members—Williams Institutional CME Church, New York City, New York (In progress)
- Leader in building of a church edifice—Israel Metropolitan CME Church, Gary, Indiana
- Delegate to the 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, and 2006 CME General Conferences
- Former Dean of the Oklahoma City (Oklahoma), Gary (Indiana), and Milwaukee (Wisconsin) Districts’ CME Church Leadership Schools
- Former Assistant Secretary of the Southeast Missouri-Illinois-Wisconsin Region, CME Church
- Delegate from the CME Church to the World Methodist Conferences in Brighton, England in 2001, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1996, and Nairobi, Kenya in 1986
- CME Representative to the National Council of Churches and the Congress of National Black Churches
COMMUNITY SERVICE WITH ACCOUNTABILITY
Local, Civic, and Professional Leadership
(A Leader with Passion)
- Board Member, Tri-State Law Enforcement Foundation (New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey)
- Board Member, National Institute for Human Development, Inc.
- Chaplain, Lane College Alumni Association (LCAA), New York City Chapter; Founder and first President of the LCAA, Gary, Indiana; Chaplain of the Detroit Chapter of LCAA
- Former Adjunct Professor at the Wimberly School of Religion and Graduate Theological Center of Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Served as Vice President of the Methodist Ministers’ Alliance of Oklahoma City, a member of the Oklahoma Council of Churches, and a member of the Concerned Clergy for Spiritual Renewal
- Served on the Advisory Board of Lincoln National Bank, now BancFirst of Oklahoma City
- Past President of the Interfaith Clergy Council of Gary, Indiana
- Past Vice President of the Gary Community School Corporation
- Past Member of the Bank One Advisory Board of Merrillville, Indiana, the Advisory Board of the Steele City Hall of Fame, and the Sheriff’s Chaplaincy of Lake County, Indiana
- Founder and first Chairman of the Milwaukee United for Better Housing Program
- Past President of the Milwaukee Ministerial Housing Council
- Honored as a Distinguished Man of the Milwaukee Top Ladies of Distinction, Inc.
- Member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Author of the Book, Leadership Skills Required to Renew a Declining Church in a Decaying Community (Published in 1997 and 2006).
- Author of the Resource Document, Leadership Skills Required to Renew a Declining Church in a Decaying Community (Published in 2006). Contents include developing a Church Financial Portfolio, developing a Church Bonds Campaign, developing a Church Financial Campaign, and development of the Grant Writing Process.